According to the new rule of the Government of Nepal, beginning from fiscal 2019-20, all salaried workers, including both government and private firms have to compulsorily obtain Permanent Account Number (PAN).
With this new rule in place, people are hurrying to get their PAN registered. However, many are unaware of the process entailing the PAN registration and some even don’t know how and where it can be done. To get this problem sorted, we have actually tried and tested the easiest and fastest method for PAN registration and obtaining your PAN.
The reason for implementing this rule is to track revenue leakages. By making PAN mandatory, the government will be able to track the actual amount of tax that an individual has been paying out of his or her earnings and whether salary expenses as recorded in the accounting system of the employer are correct or not. All employers have to record Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) in the respective accounts of their employees and in case they do not own a PAN, then the government does not validate the employer’s payment of salaries to its employees.
Follow these simple steps for your PAN registration in no time:
- Go to the website of Inland Revenue Department: www.ird.gov.np
- Scroll down and click on the “Tax-Payer Portal” link.
- On the left-hand side click on Registration (PAN, VAT, EXCISE).
- Click on the “+” sign to expand the vertical menu.
- Now, click on Application for Registration.
- Fill out all the details and choose the IRD office located in your area in the Verifying Offices section.
- Press the OK button and you will be given the Submission Number. (Note submission number for future references)
- Press on the “Continue” button.
- Now, fill out all your personal details.
- At the end, click on the “Save” button.
- Click on the “Print” button to get a copy of the submitted application form.
- Take the printed copy to the IRD office located in your area.
- The IRD office will then verify your details and provide you a PAN card which is generally expected to take around one day.
You may send any authorized person to submit the application form and to fetch the PAN Card on your behalf. However, an authorization letter is required for the process.
The PAN Card is free of cost.
You need to fill out the form in Nepali language. You can use Google Unicode for better assistance.